I trust this email finds you well.
I am absolutely elated by your participation in the first Virtual Freedom Tawawa Choir! This is musical history in the making. Below you will find the instructions of how to record your video and submit it so that it can be included in the project. We are asking everyone to wear a solid Red, YPD Green, or Black top.
When recording the video please:
1. Make sure your camera is placed at eye level and not under your face or nose. Look into the eye of the camera and sing.
2. Lighting: Make sure you are in a well-lit room, or even turn all the lights on if you do not have a special light to video with.
3. Sound: Please ensure the volume is all the way up when using your camera or laptop, so that when you are singing, we can hear you clearly.
4. Please be mindful of what is in the frame of your camera while you are on camera presenting. Clear your background of any clutter or other objects that you would not want on camera. You may choose to use the appropriate virtual background.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
******BE SURE AND SMILE, BE HAPPY, AND INTERACT WITH THE MESSAGE OF THE SONG!!!!************INSTRUCTIONS********
1. Download the necessary track that corresponds to the part that you will be singing. The tracks are separated by section (soprano, alto, tenor)
2. Record your video. This part is a little tricky. You will need 2 devices to do this. One device to listen to the music with headphones and one device to record the video. Only sing the parts that you hear! If there is a gap in the song, that means someone else is going to sing that part. If you don’t have two devices then a bluetooth speaker or similar item is fine but the volume must be kept as low as possible since we don’t want to re-record the music. We only want to capture your voice. Record your video in a quiet room that doesn’t have an echo if possible. Avoid doing recordings in the car. Make sure that you listen to the song before you record so that you are familiar with the arrangement.
3. Submit your video no later than July 23rd. Being that we are on a tight schedule, late submissions may not be included.
4. The links are listed below for retrieval and submission.
Submission Link: https://www.dropbox.com/request/JYjmXDacSAUrvFK9yfLI
Please feel free to forward this email to those who may have an interest in being a part of the choir.
Love, Peace, and Blessings
Beverly A. Cofield, Third District Music Director/MCAM Chair, African Methodist Episcopal Church, 440-223-7453